PRIORITIES – PUBLIC SAFETY
FOR A HEALTHY, THRIVING MINNESOTA
Minnesotans are proud of our unique state. Minnesota is a leader in health care, education, and environmental protections. We need to continue to lead so that Minnesota remains a great place to work and raise a family.
We must take common sense steps to protect our children and communities from gun violence and crime
- Kelly believes that everyone deserves to feel safe in their communities. Law enforcement plays a crucial role in keeping us safe and needs to be supported.
- Law enforcement should also be held to a high standard.
- We must invest in excellent law enforcement and in crime prevention meassures.
- Kelly worked with local Chiefs to write legislation to reimburse departments for epi-pen use and to extend the statute of limitations on peeping Tom crimes.
- As a physician, Kelly believes it is imperative that we study gun violence to enact data driven policy to decrease gun injuries, death and trauma.
- Kelly agrees with the 90% of Minnesotans who believe we should enact universal background checks on every gun sale in Minnesota.
- Kelly supports Extreme Risk Protection Order (Red Flag) laws that keep guns away from those that are a danger to themselves and others, such as domestic abusers, violent criminals, suspected terrorists and those at risk for suicide.
- As a mom and the wife of a combat veteran, Kelly understands that weapons of war must stay out of the wrong hands and off our streets. She favors reinstating the assault weapons ban.
Paid for by Kelly Morrison for Minnesota Senate
PO Box 684, Wayzata, MN 55391