We must take common sense steps to protect our children and communities from gun violence and crime
- Kelly believes that everyone deserves to feel safe in their communities. Law enforcement plays a crucial role in keeping us safe and needs to be supported.
- Law enforcement should also be held to a high standard.
- We must invest in excellent law enforcement and in crime prevention meassures.
- Kelly worked with local Chiefs to write legislation to reimburse departments for epi-pen use and to extend the statute of limitations on peeping Tom crimes.
- As a physician, Kelly believes it is imperative that we study gun violence to enact data driven policy to decrease gun injuries, death and trauma.
- Kelly agrees with the 90% of Minnesotans who believe we should enact universal background checks on every gun sale in Minnesota.
- Kelly supports Extreme Risk Protection Order (Red Flag) laws that keep guns away from those that are a danger to themselves and others, such as domestic abusers, violent criminals, suspected terrorists and those at risk for suicide.
- As a mom and the wife of a combat veteran, Kelly understands that weapons of war must stay out of the wrong hands and off our streets. She favors reinstating the assault weapons ban.